Thunder Bay, Ont. - Harbour Dredging
Thunder Bay Port Authority
The Port of Thunder Bay is a busy commercial harbour with typically 6 million tonnes of grain shipments per year. Riggs Engineering was retained to address navigation concerns, exacerbated by low Lake Superior water levels.
Our scope of services included:
- Pre- and post-dredging surveys;
- Side scan surveys;
- Sediment sampling and analysis;
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act Screening report;
- Determination of channel width based on navigation review;
- Plans and specifications for dredging contract;
- Contract administration; and
- Field review services during the project.