The Port of Thunder Bay is a busy commercial harbour with typically 6 million tonnes of grain shipments per year. Riggs Engineering was retained to address navigation concerns, exacerbated by low Lake Superior water levels.
Our scope of services included:
- Pre- and post-dredging surveys.
- Side scan surveys.
- Sediment sampling and analysis.
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act Screening report.
- Determination of channel width based on navigation review.
- Plans and specifications for dredging contract.
- Contract administration.
- Field review services during the project.